Re: my messages marked as New

David G?mez <david@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Adam ;),
>
> On Sep 29 at 04:15:37, Adam Kosmin wrote:
> > Ok. That would explain it. I'm using Maildir. Any ideas on how to
> > achieve this using the format?
>
> I don't think you can configure mutt to put all the incoming mail into
> the 'cur' directory in a maildir folder, so if you don't want to see what
> messages are new, change the index format variable and don't show the
> status flags.
>
> cheers,
>
> --
> David G?mez

But you can configure procmail (or better said, maildir, a shell script
to use safecat) to deliver to Maildir/cur/

You will find the maildir-protocol on http://cr.yp.to/proto/maildir.html
The shell script (located at /usr/bin/maildir on my machine) is:

# Copyright (c) 2000, Len Budney. See COPYING for details.
exec \
/usr/bin/safecat "$1"/tmp "$1"/new

In your procmail you can then use:
:0
* <your_regexp_here>
|maildir "$MAILDIR/mutt-user-mailing-list/"

So if you 'hack' the maildir-script to read:
exec /usr/bin/safecat "$1"/tmp "$1"/cur
then the messages will be in /cur.

It will not do you any good, though, because as can be read in the
maildir-protocol, MTA's like mutt use a flag :2,S which is appended to
the filename of the mail.

So I think your best bett is to use a macro in mutt:
macro index M "T \n;WN^t \n" "Mark all messages read"
macro pager M "T \n;WN^t \n" "Mark all messages read"
Which of course can be automated every time you start mutt, somehow.

Hope to be of any help,

Bastiaan Cuppen