Re: switching between inline and external

* Gregory Seidman <gss+mutt@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [19-09-2003 15:58]:

> I receive HTML mail from time to time. We all do. Some of it is even stuff
> I want to read, and usually I want to read it inline. Occasionally I want
> to put it in a web browser (links, lynx, w3m, whatever) and treat it as a
> live web page. Is there an easy way to switch between behaviors from within
> mutt?
>
> Also, I obviously need two entries for text/html in my .mailcap. What
> should they look like? Currently I have only an inline version:
>
> text/html; w3m -T text/html -dump %s -ppc 9; copiousoutput

My entries in mailcap:

text/html;      links %s; nametemplate=%s.html
text/html;      links -dump %s; nametemplate=%s.html; copiousoutput

My entries in muttrc:
auto_view text/html application/msword application/pdf application/excel
alternative_order text/plain

To view externally, press 'v' in mutt, and select the html part.  In
my case, an instance of links is started.

HTH,

--
René Clerc                      - (rene@xxxxxxxx)

No woman, no cry.