Re: What causes 'sh: 11554 bus error mutt' crashes?

Russell Hoover <rj@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm using mutt 1.4.1 on an ISP running NetBSD 1.6.1. (vex.net).  There
> are a few messages in my inbox that, when I try to open them, crash mutt
> with a bus error message.

Not good.

> (At first I thought only large messages were causing this, but one of
> the crashing messages is only 30 lines.)

Either a software bug (maybe not in mutt, maybe in your libc, kernel, or
another library) or a hardware problem is causing pointer corruption in
memory.  Test the hardware of the system for memory errors, overheating
problems, etc.

Charles
Charles Cazabon                             <mutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
GPL'ed software available at:     http://www.qcc.ca/~charlesc/software/