Re: How to check new mail from all spool folders?

On 2003-09-12, Jani Averbach <jaa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 2003-09-11 22:53-0700, John Iverson wrote:
> >
> > Seems like maybe your $folder isn't set properly.  This is what
> > sets the '+' shortcut used in your $mailboxes command.
> >
> I think it is correct, because those shortcuts are working, and pressing
> <tab> twice will bring me to the spool-folder menu where those shortcuts
> are presented.
>
> The only problem is that there are no new mail notification (any kind) for
> those folders.
>
> I tried to compile mutt-1.5.4i, and it seems to have same problem. I even
> tried
> it with --enable-nfs-fix, because my home is exported from nfs server, but it
> didn't help.

I had this problem of no new-mail notification, too, and someone in
this list suggested configuring mutt with the --enable-buffy-size
option.  (This shows up in the output of 'mutt -v' as +BUFFY_SIZE.)
This fixed the problem.  I'm running mutt-1.4i on an HP-UX
10.20 system.

HTH,
Gary

--
Gary Johnson                               | Agilent Technologies
garyjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                   | Wireless Division