Re: mutt slow with Maildirs???

* Payal Rathod <payal-vim@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [11-09-2003 12:43]:

> I have mutt 1.4i on a P-II machine with 256Mb RAM with ext3 fs.
> In few folders I have around 1000 mails or a few hundred more.
> I recently changed from mbox format to Maildir.
> My experience shows that to read the mail index of those folders it
> takes mutt more time (around 7-8 secs total).
> Is it true that mutt takes more time to read Maildir formats?

See:

  http://www.courier-mta.org/mbox-vs-maildir/

for a comparison of mbox and Maildir.  Google for "mbox vs maildir"
and read what users have to say.

As has come up many times on this list:  each has its pros and cons,
you have to decide for yourself which outweighs the other..

--
René Clerc                      - (rene@xxxxxxxx)

Like a blind man in an orgy, I was going to have to feel my way through.
-Frank Drebin, "Naked Gun 33 1/3:  The Final Insult"