[IP] more on two on American Hiroshima

Begin forwarded message:

From: Jean Armour Polly <mom@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: August 15, 2004 11:26:30 PM EDT
To: David Farber <dave@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [IP] American Hiroshima

Dave- have you ever seen the nuclear scenario at the atomic archive site? It's been there a long time but is a must--see.
http://www.atomicarchive.com/Example/ExampleStart.shtml

Begin forwarded message:

From: Randall <rvh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: August 16, 2004 4:15:58 AM EDT
To: dave@xxxxxxxxxx
Cc: jg45@xxxxxxx

On Sunday 15 August 2004 21:37, David Farber wrote:

How do we connect the dots?  And let us not forget the third dot:   The
inability of the Kerry campaign to express a compelling vision that
forces the GOP to respond.  A vision that puts the GOP on the
defensive.  Currently, the GOP is on the offensive with their vision --
greatly abetted by their belief that the ends justify the means.   As a
result, the Democrats are seen as weak and ineffectual.  They only
respond.  The "weakness" attributed to  Kerry does not come from any
perceived military or defense policy, but rather from always being on
the ropes defensively.  When will the GOP be perceived as weak and on
the ropes?  What will it take?  I doubt any campaign that plays it safe
will achieve this critical objective.  Is the Kerry campaign too risk
adverse to restore our security?

Do not write off the Kerry campaign so lightly.  The folks at
http://www.electoral-vote.com keep a daily running tally of likely electoral votes as measured by the available polls. As of August 15 they showed Kerry with 327 and Bush with 211 votes, though of course 74 Kerry votes and 60 Bush
votes are within the Margins of Error.

That still means that, to reach the magic 271 votes, Bush has to win all 134
Strong Bush votes, all 17 Weak Bush, all 60 Barely Bush and sixty votes
currently leaning to Kerry.

Of course an exact tie of 270 votes apiece would throw the election to the House of Representatives, with each state having one vote, and Bush would win
that contest, since there are more Republican states than Democratic.

--
 "Our country was colonized by the religious, political,
 economic, and criminal rejects of every country in the world.