[IP] Final report on fraud problem with Amazon customer

Apparently a person set up a new account on Amazon using one of my infrequently used email account . He/she used their name (I assume) and tried a whole set of credit cards till one actually was authorized by the credit card company for a $500 camera. Amazon shipped the camera to his address . The credit card was NOT mine. The interesting part was that first Amazon was very prompt in contacting me about my query re getting purchase confirmations from them for the item via email (might have been that several IP reporters contacted them about the fraud :-) )..

The amazing thing is that credit card companies apparently DO NOT always check the numbers with the billing address so the frauder just kept trying till the credit card company approved it!!!. Amazon is trying to stop the delivery of the item.

Why the frauder picked such a well connected person to use as the email is an indication of the frauders lack of smarts.

Dave