[council] Regarding topics for open discussion amongst SOs and ACs

Hello Tim,

>  But my suggestion is that the topic be Accountability.

That would certainly be useful at some point.   There have indeed been
some proposals that were prepared by a President's advisory committee,
but there hasn't really been an open community discussion on the topic
at an ICANN meeting.  The topic seems to get more discussion at USA
hearings on the JPA, and IGF discussion forums under the topic of
Internet Governance generally.

Part of the issue is defining what is meant by accountability by the
various parties raising that issue.

Do they mean accountable to a Government or Governments, or do they mean
accountability to the ICANN community - ie accountable to "members' in
some way?   Sometimes it seems to me that parties mean accountable to
someone that they can influence :-)

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin