RE: [council] Rodenbaugh Comment re GNSO Restructure Amendments to ICANN Bylaws

I frequently hear members of the contracted parties  telling everyone that
they "find themselves in the unique situation of having to negotiate their
key business contracts in a forum that includes other parties in addition to
the two contracting parties involved."

What they never say is that the alternative of having to live in a regulated
environment where governments/regulators DICTATE the terms and conditions
under which they operate, is even more untenable.

That is the reality now that the Internet is recognised as a critical
resource for the world's economic, cultural and social  development. A point
underlined by the level of importance with which the world's governements
view the Internet.

So can we please stop being preached to and told how difficult life is. If
you've ever worked in an environment that's heavily regulated you'd welcome
being able to negotiate contracts, even if it was on a level playing field
(50/50) with all the other parties.

Tony