[council] Re: DOODLE / GNSO Council Restructuring drafting team / next call

Title: Re: DOODLE / GNSO Council Restructuring drafting team / next call
I’m taking this to the Council list because, although Adrian responded to a restructuring DT message, he makes a point which I feel we absolutely must address.

I fully understand his reluctance to participate in calls in the middle of the night (Australian time). Our duties as GNSO Councillors already take up a huge amount of time and effort which detracts us from our “normal” working lives and I don’t think anyone can be expected to stay up for meetings during at nights or the wee hours of the morning.

This is obviously a bigger problem for Asia Pac reps as our meeting times are manageable for Europe or the USA. But it is a problem for the Council as a whole nonetheless, as these are Councillors which are often unable to carry out their duties as much as they would like.

I don’t have a solution to this oft discussed problem, but I just wanted to add my voice of support to Adrian and Councillors who find themselves in the same bind - as long as this support doesn’t lead to meetings being scheduled at times which are convenient to them but not to us of course ;-)

Stéphane