From: "Bruce Tonkin" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <council@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: <touton@xxxxxxxxx>; "Philip Sheppard" <philip.sheppard@xxxxxx>;
<simons@xxxxxxx>; <apisan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; <michael@xxxxxxxxxx>;
<tom@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, March 07, 2003 9:43 PM
Subject: [council] Proposed teleconference to interview the candidates for
ICANN Board seat #14

> Hello All,
>
> Given that we have 4 candidates for seat #14 of the ICANN Board, I propose
we hold a teleconference to interview each of the candidates and consider
them against the selection criteria for an ICANN Board director.

> I propose we allocate 1.5 hours, and allow 20 minutes per candidate.
>
> I propose we hold a teleconference for:
> Tuesday 11 March at 20:00 UTC
> - 3pm Washington, DC
> - 9pm Brussels
> - 7am (Wednesday) Melbourne, Australia
>
> Each candidate would be able to make a short statement (5 minutes) that
addresses the selection criteria and also provide a vision for the future of
ICANN, followed by 15 minutes of questions and answers.

> If we do this, I would expect that an audio recording of the call be made
and released to the community via the GNSO website.  You might like to
consider whether this should be made immediately available, or released
after the election is complete.  Personally I recommend that the recording
be made immediately available.

> Council members please let me know if you think this would be useful, and
candidates please let me know if the time stated above would suit you.    I
apologize for the short notice.