From: Dave Farber <dave@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: ip@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 19:39:28 -0400
Subject: [IP] Can't someone arrest these people????

Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 14:33:03 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Joseph C. Pistritto" <jcp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Can't someone arrest these people????
To: dave@xxxxxxxxxx

Yet another Network Solutions/Verisign deception plot at work.
My company has a number of names (unfortunately) registered with Verisign.
So we moved one of them about gosh, the beginning of August.

So guess what we get in the email this morning?   A dunning notice for
*not paying* for our domain registration.  And an offer to reclaim the
domin before "it becomes available to the general public".

This is as bad as those people that send bulk mail to seniors in envelopes
that look like the ones Social Security checks come in...

Why are these people with business practices like this allowed to have
*anything to do* with running critical Internet infrastructure???

   Best regards,
     -jcp-