Inline text attachments

Hey,

I would like to add new inline text attachments with ease.

At the moment, I am doing:

  n<enter>foo.txt<enter>text/plain

This brings up vi to edit my text file.

Once this has been edited, I do:

  ^d

This seems to work, but I have a few questions:

  * Can I automate this whole process so that I can press a single button, and
    it will create a new file similar to how it does for a regular message. I
    don't want to have to think about naming this file, or typing it's mime type
    out each time. I would also like it to be set to inline.

  * Why does it launch vi, when my EDITOR is set up correctly? Editing the
    message correctly launches emacs. I see from the help that this may be using
    mailcap, but am confused what I need to change.

Many thanks,