From: owner-mutt-users@xxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-mutt-users@xxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
jurriaan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, 3 July 2009 9:56 PM
To: mutt-users@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: MAIL getting queued only

From: Kataria, Sunil <Sunil.Kataria@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, Jul 03, 2009 at 09:50:31PM +1000
> Hi,
>
> I recently installed MUTT on RedHat LINUX.
>
> When I send mail using the following command
>
> /usr/local/bin/mutt -e 'set content_type="text/html"' -a
> "/usr/ud/FirstBag/REPORT/TotalBags_15036_81JA.xls" -c "" -b "" -s "Report T
> otal Bags CX162 01 Mar 2009" "sunil.kataria@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <
> "/usr/ud/FirstBag/REPORT/BODYJON"
>
> This results the mail queued in /var/spool/clientmqueue directory - from
> there it never move to the mail server.
>
> [root@BRS-UA1-ZAFRODB1 clientmqueue]# ls -la
> total 124
> drwxrwx---  2 smmsp    smmsp  4096 Jul  3 17:10 .
> drwxr-xr-x 13 root     root   4096 Mar  9 12:22 ..
> -rw-rw----  1 katarias smmsp 30121 Jul  3 17:03 dfn6373WvD003007
> -rw-rw----  1 katarias smmsp 30121 Jul  3 17:06 dfn6376V4f003088
> -rw-rw----  1 smmsp    smmsp 30121 Jul  3 17:10 dfn637AjwU003114
> -rw-rw----  1 katarias smmsp   808 Jul  3 17:03 qfn6373WvD003007
> -rw-rw----  1 katarias smmsp   808 Jul  3 17:06 qfn6376V4f003088
> -rw-rw----  1 smmsp    smmsp   820 Jul  3 17:10 qfn637AjwU003114
>

> Can someone please help? I am very new with MUTT.

Mutt, by default, calls /usr/sbin/sendmail to actually transport the
email, IIRC. These symptoms would seem to indicate a problem with that,
not with mutt.

Kind regards,
Jurriaan
--
Top Ten Times In History when using the "F" word was appropriate
(yes, another *&%#ing top ten list that you may or maybe haven't read