Re: [mutt] Re: [ANNOUNCE] 1.5.20 released

Hello all,

with your hints I was able to build Mutt-1.20. successfully. I chickened out
by running "apt-get build-dep mutt" as indicated in
http://wiki.mutt.org/?MuttFaq/Charset.
The apt-get command installed elinks on my system and now opening html-mails
via the "v"-command starts elinks instead of w3m like before. I wonder where
this is being determined. My mailcap has entries for w3m, elinks and lynx in
this order.

BTW: encoding mysteries haven't all been solved but i am at peace for now.

Applying this suggestion (from the mentioned link) to .vimrc was damaging.

set encoding&           " terminal charset: follows current locale
set termencoding=
set fileencodings=      " charset auto-sensing: disabled
set fileencoding&       " auto-sensed charset of current buffer

It resulted in a replacement of lots of umlauts with questionmarks in innoscent
files(!)

jan