Re: mutt removing stuff in brackets from subject

++ 16/06/09 19:51 +0200 - Michael Tatge:
>> When I respond to an email that has a subject similar to:
>>
>> [StuffHere] Blah Blah Blah
>>
>> Mutt actually *removes* everything inside of the brackets and the
>> brackets themselves.
>>
>> Any thoughts on why this happens?
>
>Works fine here. There is a setting that might be resposible though.
>Check reply_regexp

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think that particular setting would
remove a thing form the subject. The manual says:

  A regular expression used to recognize reply messages when threading
  and replying. The default value corresponds to the English "Re:" and
  the German "Aw:".

As far as I know, this setting makes it possible for mutt to recognize
patters like "Re:" and "re:" at the beginning of a Subject and, if
present, mutt will not prepend the subject with another "Re:" when
replying.

I don't think it will actually remove a thing from the Subject.

--
Rejo Zenger . <rejo@xxxxxxxxx> . 0x75FC50F3 . <https://rejo.zenger.nl>
GPG encrypted e-mail prefered.