Re: mailcap entry for image/jpeg not found

On 10Jun2009 14:49, Kyle Wheeler <kyle-mutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| Did you catch that? Mutt is looking for a mailcap entry with the
| "copiousoutput" flag. Why? Because mutt is attempting to display the
| attachment INLINE, and the only thing it knows how to display inline
| is some form of text. This is commonly used for things like doc files
| (which can be rendered to text with various utilities) and html files
| (which can be rendered to text with various utilities). The only way
| this could work with images is to use some libascii tool to convert
| the image to ascii-art.

I run a script called "iminfo" on images for the "inline" mode.
It runs GraphicsMagick's "gm identify" command and additionally for
JPEGs runs jhead.

Frankly, the output is perhaps more noisy than its worth.

Cheers,
--
Cameron Simpson <cs@xxxxxxxxxx> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

It's a vague science.   - Rory Tate, circle researcher.