Re: How can I know if error happens when sending mail?

> Hi,
>
> I'm using msmtp to send mail. I've set sendmail_wait=-1 in .muttrc to make
> sending mail not blocking. But there comes a problem. If any error happens
> when sending mail, I will not aware about it. And sometimes it cause trouble
> to my work. How can I solve this problem? I need to be told if error happens
> in sending mail.
>
> Thanks
> Lars

Ciao Lars,

you can specify a log_file for msmtp by adding the following to each
account_setting in your .msmtprc

logfile ~/msmtp.log

all you need to do then is to watch the file after sending an email. it may
take a few seconds before the logentries are written for each mail.
for notification you could add a logwatcher to automate this process.

cheers,
markus

Nur bis 31.05.: WEB.DE FreeDSL Komplettanschluss mit DSL 6.000 Flatrate
und Telefonanschluss für 17,95 Euro/mtl.! http://produkte.web.de/go/02/