Re: imap folders with '.' (period) do not show up correctly in

From: James <jtp@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: imap folders with '.' (period) do not show up correctly in 1.5.19

Anyone seen this before? I'm trying to access an mbox file with a
period in the name via IMAP. It doesn't seem to work correctly as of
1.5.19. Works fine in 1.5.16.

I've noticed something similar.  On one of my IMAP accounts,  I had a
folder with a "." in the name.  For the sake of discussion, let's call
the account imaps://steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

From Mutt's index view, I'd
 * type 'c' to change folders,

 * type 'imaps://steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/' as the folder name, and

 * press <Tab> twice to bring up Mutt's IMAP folder browser.

One of the IMAP folders is

    12     IMAP                          spam.200905

"spam.200905" is the actual filename on the IMAP server.

I'll move the selection cursor over "spam.200905" and press <Return>.
Instead of opening the folder, Mutt prints an error message:

  SELECT failed: Can't open mailbox mail/spam/200905: no such mailbox

I started using mutt in version 1.5.19, so I can't say whether this
behavior is new to 1.5.19, or whether it existed in earlier versions.

I worked around the error message by renaming the folder, so that the
name no longer contained a "." (I ran "mv" on the IMAP server).

I'm using Mutt 1.5.19 (2009-01-05), compiled from source, on Mac OS X
10.4.11.

Steve