Re: run mail command with recipient of selected email

You may want to look into using lbdbq.

http://www.spinnaker.de/lbdb/

lbdbq is the client program for the little brother's database. It will
attempt to invoke various modules to gather information about persons
matching something. E.g., it may look at a list of addresses from which you
have received mail, it may look at YP maps, or it may try to finger
something@<various hosts>.
On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 06:03:16PM +0200, Eric Smith thus spake:
Is there (or should there be) a mutt command where user could run
the mail command - for a *new* mail message - with the recipient
taken automatically from the message selected in the index?

(mutt Would select the recipient as the sender or recipient based on
the alternates variable).

Am I the only one that is constantly looking up mail addresses
from previous emails to or from a certain contact?

Of course I use my aliases file a lot as well.

--
- Eric Smith

--
Jason Helfman