Re: Is this a mutt issue or a links issue (HTML display)

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 01:56:41PM +0100, Chris G wrote:
I am using links to display HTML messages in mutt on two different
systems and I'm confused as to why I'm seeing differently formatted
output.
[...]
Both systems have the same entry for links in the mailcap file, both
systems have near identical muttrc files.

What about ~/.links/links.conf or ~/.elinks/elinks.conf?

Is this some sort of oddity in the way that mutt is handing the HTML
to links or is links working differently for some reason?

You may want to save the HTML message part to a file, then run "links -dump" against it on both systems. That takes mutt out of the equation, so you can determine whether or not mutt is part of the problem.

You can save just the HTML message part by selecting the email in the index, using view-attachments (by default bound to "v"), selecting the HTML part, and using save-entry (by default bound to "s") to save it to a file.

Ed