Re: How to let mutt always mark mbox as new if it contains new

Hi,

* Cameron Simpson wrote:

> No need. For unvisited mboxen the behaviour is already ok. It is that
> mutt's sync of the folder on exit sets mtime==atime that causes the
> trouble. For some people that's what they want ("I've visited it so
> don't bug me until something _extra_ arrives") but for the OP and
> yourself mutt should have a mode to update the atime post close if there
> are outstanding messages in "N" state.

There's no need for an additional option, the definition of "something
extra" is already covered by the distinction between "old" and "unread"
mail in mutt. If there's new mail, mutt should always tell you. If you
want to come back to new mail later, set mark_old.

Rocco