Re: not detecting new mail in MailDir format?

++ 25/04/09 07:31 +1000 - Cameron Simpson:

>  [pid 28316] stat("/home/cameron/mail/me", {st_mode=S_IFDIR|0755,
> st_size=4096, ...}) = 0
>  [pid 28316] stat("/home/cameron/mail/me", {st_mode=S_IFDIR|0755,
> st_size=4096, ...}) = 0
>
>It makes no attempt to stat me/new or me/cur, or to read them.

My feeling says, mutt doesn't know about your mailboxes being maildir
format. That brings us to the mbox_type variable:

>and mentions "maildir" here:
>
>  set maildir_header_cache_verify=no
>  set mbox_type=Maildir

I am not sure whether this is of any influence, but I have a lowercase
only value for this variable:

 |  rejo@trillian:~$ grep mbox_type .mutt/muttrc.common
 |  set mbox_type = maildir

Maybe, this value is case sensitive? I don't this is the problem, as it
is mentioned in the official documentation with the capital M. However,
without any other solutions, you may want to test this?

The official documentation also denotes "mbox" being the default. Ergo,
if unset, it will use "mbox".

Are you sure your configuration file is actually read? What happens if
you set the mbox_type variable inside mutt (using ":set mbox_type =
maildir" in the index) and then check for mail?

--
Rejo Zenger . <rejo@xxxxxxxxx> . 0x75FC50F3 . <https://rejo.zenger.nl>
GPG encrypted e-mail prefered.