Re: Detecting new mail in mbox format

On 24Apr2009 09:11, Kyle Wheeler <kyle-mutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| On Friday, April 24 at 03:33 PM, quoth Cameron Simpson:
| >> But then, I also use Maildir instead of mbox, because it avoids
| >> lots of this kind of silliness (it's also a more well-defined
| >> mailbox format).
| >
| > I find mutt doesn't notice new email in maildirs when I press '$'.
| > Is there a common misconfiguration I might have?
|
| Hmmm, not that I'm aware of. Maildir should Just Work (all you need to
| do to detect new messages is check the contents of mailboxname/new/).

Ok, thanks. I'll do some stracing and start a new thread if I learn
anything.

Cheers,
--
Cameron Simpson <cs@xxxxxxxxxx> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

It's ironic that spooks so often remind us that we've got nothing to fear
from their activities if we've got nothing nasty to hide, while they
themselves are rarely comfortable without multiple layers of secrecy,
anonymity and plausible deniability.
- Thomas Greene. 01jun2006 http://www.wired.com/news/technology/1,71022-0.html