Re: fixing email dates

Hi,

* Kyle Wheeler wrote:
> On Saturday, April 18 at 10:43 AM, quoth Paul E Condon:

> > but that doesn't seem to work, for me. I still get the Unix Epoch in
> > the index display. I have editted in both Date: and Delivery-date:
> > headers. I can see them when I open an email and visually read the
> > headers. But I want that date to appear in the index as well.
>
> That date also gets stored in the header cache.

The problem with hcache is (currently, without the patch attached to
ticket #2942) that it's written only once when initially parsing the
message. Thus, if the date is Epoch upon first parse, it'll be that
forever in hcache and in all reads afterwards. Yes, this is broken
(though I'm running the patch since months without a problem and have an
updateable hcache).

Other instances of the same issue are broken line counts for maildir to
solve that you need a procmail recipe or similar to insert one before
caching. The updated and correct line count in the index after viewing
the message is maintained during the session only.

Rocco