Re: signature

On 2009-04-10, "J. Limon" <jlimon@xxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 12:54:51PM -0700, Ravi Uday wrote:
> > hi
> > how can you make mutt enter the signature at 'cursor' position instead
> > of appending it at the end of mail
> > Ravi
>
> What's the point of a sig *not* at the end of an email? That would
> make it something completely different wouldn't it?

The rules for signatures are different in some corporate
environments, so it's really nice that mutt allows the 'sig_on_top'
option.  I set 'sig_on_top', 'indent_string', 'header' and
'attribution' one way for "Outlook-style" replies to senders within
the company I work for, and another way for normal "Internet-style"
replies to everyone else.

I don't use a signature here because I haven't found one I like that
adds any useful information.

Regards,
Gary