Re: Enhance mutt to recognize window resizing

* Jeffery Small <jeff@xxxxxxxx> [20090401 09:15]:
> Has there ever been any discussion regarding this issue?  Other programs,
> such as the vim editor, can deal with the terminal window being resized
> while the program is running, but mutt is unforgiving.  Mutt recognizes
> the terminal size when started, but if you stretch or shorten the terminal
> height or width during a running session, then the display can get totally
> screwed up.  Couldn't mutt be made to respond to these size changes the
> same way vim does?  It would make the program much more flexible.

I don't know what version of mutt you are using, but the 1.5 branch
have handled this for as long as I can remember using it. It could be
dependent on your OS version, terminal program or factors outside of
mutt's control.

Fedora 6 and later, mutt and any of gnome-terminal, xterm, rxvt,
rxvt-unicode, aterm, eterm or mlterm has worked fine for me.

It would be interesting to know a bit more about your setup (and
looking at the date, find out if this is a wind-up ;).

--
Anders Rayner-Karlsson <anders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
All-Round Linux Tinkerer, RHCE and PITA DeLuxe