accidently viewing attachments repeatedly

Dear Mutt users,

when viewing attachments in external programs (notably openoffice), I
often have a terminal sit "unused" for a while as I'm reading the
attachment.  What happens often is that I hit a key or enter in that
terminal (which is showing just the last "$  mutt"  command line).

After closing the external program, mutt will then pick up the "enter"
key that was pressed, and open the attachment again.  And again, and
again, until all accidently pressed enters have been processed.  The
same can happen while editing a message in an external emacs window.
In this case it will just view the message text in mutt after you're
done editing, which is much less annoying.

Is there a way to have mutt flush the keyboard buffer directly after
returning from an external program, either attachment viewer or
editor?  I can't think of any situations where you would actually
_want_ such keypresses to be remembered, but I'm sure there are some.

Regards,
        Hein Zelle

--

 Unix is user friendly. It's just very particular about who
 it's friends are.

 Hein Zelle                     hein@xxxxxxxxxxx
                                http://www.icce.rug.nl/~hein