Re: Happy New Year!

On Thu, Jan 01, 2009 at 10:15:13PM EST, Michael Elkins wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 31, 2008 at 10:05:54PM -0500, Chris Jones wrote:
> > To all .. and  M. Elkins in particular.
>
> Thanks!  A Happy New Year to you as well.

Thanks.

> It's nice knowing that people still find Mutt useful after 11 years. :-)

I'm not a power user far from it .. I'm in awe at what some of the guys
on this list know .. half the time I haven't the foggiest what they're
talking about :-)

The reason I chose mutt after having tried.. a few other things..  is
because I felt I was spending more time & energy fighting the interface
than actually _doing_ something with it. I get a few hundred mails from
a bunch of mailing lists every day. And I know for a fact that now that
I use mutt, I am several orders of magnitude more productive (and more
relaxed) than I ever was with GUI mailers ..

Since I wasn't blessed with photographic memory, the only thing that's
missing in mutt's interface as far as I am concerned is some form of
screen-splitting capablity that would let me display/scroll a few
messages in "windows" in that huge vacant empty space at the right of
the screen while replying to one post rather than have to switch to
another screen "window" and fire up another instance of mutt because I
can't remember who said what .. when .. etc. That's one patch I would
love to be able to write.

All the wet blankets will grumble again.. bloat.. bloat.. bloat.. but
the way it's done in vim makes me salivate..

:-)

Thanks!

CJ