Re: sendmail?

On 27. Dec 2008 04:34, zirath wrote:
> Is there a way to set up mutt to send mail directly from our dynamic dsl
> address rather than thru the provider's mail server?

As far as I know: no. Mutt is a MUA (Mail User Agent) what basically
means it's responsibility for sending mails ends when it delivers the
mail to an external program or your someones mail server who take care
of delivering the mail where it belongs to.

The task of delivering mails and all tasks arround that (i.e. find out which
mailserver is responsible for the destination mail adress, handle
software designed for doing exactly that (MTAs, Mail Transport
Agents).

So you *could* set up such software on your box that does the
delivery but you probably wouldn't be happy with this solution as some
mail providers do not accept delivery attempts from dynamic ip
addresses for spam prevention.

Regards,
David

--