Re: Not getting any new mail

On 20 Dec 2008 10:43 -0500, by purpletenspeed@xxxxxxxxx (James Dunleavy):
> However I am still getting the same error message "Mailbox was
> externally modified.  Flags may be wrong."

This is not an error message, it is an informational message that is
displayed when mutt detects (you guessed it) that the mailbox was
modified by some external process. For example, a program that
downloads new mail outside of mutt would cause that message to appear,
and maybe new mail getting added to a remote IMAP mailbox would
trigger the same detection code.

If, when this happens, you want to be certain that the flags displayed
are accurate, you can reload the mailbox. I suggest unsetting
mark_old, then simply <change-folder> to the special folder "^"
(caret), meaning "current mailbox".

--
Michael Kjörling .. michael@xxxxxxxxxxx .. http://michael.kjorling.se
* ..... No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings ..... *