Re: Bcc'ing myself on personal mail - not when posting to the list.

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 03:08:36PM EST, E.L.K. wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 09:13:11PM -0500, Chris Jones wrote:
> > > send-hook .     unmy_hdr Bcc:
> > > send-hook '!~u' my_hdr   Bcc: myself@domain
>
> If I understood correctly what you want, then, alternatively, you
> can place this to your muttrc:
>
> set record=+default
> folder-hook . "set record=^"
>
> So, any mail will be stored in folder, from which it was sent, or
> in default mailbox in case, if message was started from command
> line.
>
> Hope this will do what you want.

Thanks for the attention.

I had set something in my .muttrc that Bcc'd me systematically .. but I
had to remove it because it did not work .. I also have a .procmailrc
that removes duplicate messages .. but it does not do it right I guess
because if if Bcc: myself on my posts to mailing lists .. it's the
instance of the message that should go to the mailing list folder that
is removed .. so I end up with all my posts/replies to ML's in my inbox
rather than the dedicated mailing list folders that I have set up (I
have one for each ML I am subscribed to .. and some useful trick I
figured out at one point causes a new folder to be created automatically
for every new ML I subsrcribe to automatically).

So thanks to all for your suggestions .. and I first guess I need to
revisit my procmail configuration file .. that I stole from someone at
some point ..  thought I'd save myself the hassle of having to learn
procmail rules syntax..

Maybe I'm just getting what I deserve for being lazy .. :-)

Thanks!

CJ