Retrieving select PGP keys

This may properly be a PGP (or GPG) question, but I thought I'd inquire
here for a mutt-based solution.

I want to auto-retrieve PGP public keys for only certain messages.  I
don't want to fill my keyring with keys from mailing lists, for example,
but I do want to retrieve and verify keys from private correspondents.

Under the default mutt configuration, setting keyserver-options to
auto-key-retrieve in gpg.conf will grab any available public key for
each email.

Does anyone have a solution--a macro, perhaps--that would add the public
key to my keyring only when called?

TIA,

        JL
--