Re: Threading with IMAP folders

On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 09:06:06AM -0500, Kyle Wheeler wrote:
> I do that too; here's how:
>
>      folder-hook . 'set sort=threads'
>      folder-hook '=$' 'set sort=date-received'
>
> That should work no matter where your messages are or how they're
> stored.
>
> > Now however, I can't get it to sort my imap mailboxes. I can do it
> > manually with "set sort=threads" but I can't get it to work
> > automatically.
>
> What do your folder hooks look like? It sounds like they're just not
> matching the folder name/path.

That is almost exactly what I was using, here is my folder-hooks:

folder-hook     .               set sort=threads
folder-hook     .               set sort_aux=date-sent
folder-hook     "!"             set sort=date-received
folder-hook     "sent-mail"     set sort=reverse-date

However this wasn't working for IMAP.

I did some tests. I've re-created my IMAP on-disk maildir layout. The server
is running courier-imap and uses the dot prefix/seperator for folders:

~/.maildir
~/.maildir/.Lists.Mutt-Users

etc, etc.

This also doesn't apply the thread sorting when using these local dot
seperated folders, so I tried something else. Moving my layout to something
like:

~/Maildir
~/Maildir/lists/Mutt-Users

Lets me use those folder-hooks for thread sorting without problems.

Thanks

Matt