Re: Schedule messages to be sent later

On 2008-10-14, Ajeet <asgrewal@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there some way to send messages at a particular time in the future?
> This could be done by just "pipe"-ing in the right parameters to the
> linux "at" command. How do I specify the subject,to,cc etc. in the
> "pipe" command?

If you want to do it periodically, you could set up a cron job.  If
you want to use 'at', something like this will work:

   echo mutt -s \'at test\' address '<' /path/to/message/text |
   at now + 1 minute

Note that the input redirection operator < is quoted in the 'echo'
command so that it is evaluated by 'at' and not by 'echo'.  The
quotes around "at test" are also quoted so that 'at test' will be
seen as a single argument to -s.

For a summary of the parameters you can set from the command line,
just execute

   mutt -h

or for a slightly more complete explanation,

   man mutt

Regards,
Gary