Re: command mode?

> On Sun, 28 Sep 2008, Michael Kjorling wrote:
> > :push "<query>"
> Thank you for quick response. I see the syntax is to type
> :push first.  memo

Right.  These symbols from the help screen are names of key bindings.
Commands are different; they're what you putt in muttrc or after
pressing the ":" key (the <enter-command> keybinding).

The "push" command is the inverse of <enter-command>.  <Enter-command>
lets you initiate a command by pressing a key (":").  "push" lets you
enter keystrokes (or bindings) by entering a command.

When you "push" keystrokes, you can use either literal letters, numbers,
etc., or you can use binding names.  Binding names are always inside
<angle-brackets>, with no spaces.  Keys substitude for the bindings
they're bound to, but binding names can be used whether or not they're
bound to a key.

In other words, "push" arguments work the same way as macros definitions
do.

--
 -D.    dgc@xxxxxxxxxxxx    NSIT    University of Chicago