Re: Save to a file problem (wrapped with =)

> > I have a very basic imap mutt setup to receive emails.
> However, when I
> > try to save an email to a file, lines longer than 72 characters are
> > wrapped with a "=" added at the end. I can view the long lines just
> > fine, but the saved file is wrapped.
>
> When messages are saved to a "file" (using the <save-message>
> command), they're saved in mbox format, which is pretty close to the
> raw message---and the RFCs strongly encourage that messages be wrapped
> to 72 characters.
>
> I guess my point is: it's doing that on purpose... what exactly is it
> that you're trying to achieve? There's probably a better way to
> achieve it

Thank you so much for the explanation, Kyle.

I want to save the message as it is, being not wrapped. Is there a way to do
that?

The reason is that I was trying to save a patch for the Linux kernel. If the
patch if wrapped, then it can't be applied anymore.  BTW, is there a way to
save just the message (excluding the from addr, subject, etc.)?

Thanks a lot.

Lin