Re: send-hook and different email accounts

Hi,

> For example, I have my university address as the default "from:"
> address. But I'm also active in a cycling organisation, and if someone
> with whom I've never exchanged email before sends a message to me at
> that address, no hook will match, but I'd still like the reply to
> originate from the cycling address, not the uni address. Currently, I
> have to set this manually (using a macro).

I want the same thing and have configured it as follows (@ and .
replaced ;))

set reverse_name
set realname    = 'Alexander Dahl'
set from        = "post(at)lespocky(dot)de"
set use_from    = yes
alternates "post(at)lespocky(dot)de|lespocky(at)web(de)"

This does exactly what you describe, you simply have to set the
mail-adresses you use as alternates, no hooks or macros or my_hdr
modifications necessary.

Greets
Alex

--
GnuPG-FP: 02C8 A590 7FE5 CA5F 3601  D1D5 8FBA 7744 CC87 10D0