Re: send-hook and different email accounts

Marianne Promberger wrote:  [Thu Sep 25 2008, 07:21:29AM EDT]
> I had problems trying to achieve the same thing with "set from" and
> I'm now using
>
> send-hook . 'my_hdr From: My Name  <address@xxxxxxxxxx>'

Setting $from should work as of 1.5.18

http://dev.mutt.org/hg/mutt/rev/4e8e3db418ea

> But I didn't know about "unmy_hdr", so "my_hdr" may not be
> necessary, and there may be a better way to do it with "set
> from" ("better" because for all I remember with my_hdr From,
> "set reverse_name" doesn't work).

Right, my_hdr From overrides $reverse_name, which usually isn't
desired.  That's why it's nice to set $from instead.

IMHO there is still a tiny problem because it's impossible to
determine in a hook (send-hook or send2-hook) what the final From
value is, based on the combination of $reverse_name and $from.
That's a bit frustrating to me because I'd like to make some
other settings based on that value.

Aron