Re: cleanup

Hi Cristopher!

On Wed, 24 Sep 2008, Cristopher Thomas wrote:

> mailing lists.  I was wondering if anyone is using a script that will
> trawl through mail folders deleting messages older than n days, or one
> which could be tweaked to do so.

in mutt? Something like this could work:
folder-hook spam 'push <delete-pattern>~d>2m<enter>'

or even more advanced:

folder-hook foobar 'push
<untag-pattern>~A<enter><tag-pattern>!~D!~F~r>2m\
<enter><tag-prefix-cond><save-message><kill-line>\
=INBOX.archive.foobar<enter><untag-pattern>~A<enter>'

I used to have a folder hook like this one in my config file, but it
slowed down changing into that folder a lot. And the drawback is, that
it will only be triggered when you enter that folder.

There are probably better tools to achieve this. archivemail is one of
it.

regards,
Christian
--