Re: Mutt with out user inputs ..???

On 2008-09-22, "Maruvada, Suryakiran" <smaruvada@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> I need to use mutt with out user intervention. i.e my shell script will
> send my files as attachments to my mail DL automatically.
>
> I tried like this...
>
> Mutt  -a attachment1  -a attachment2   -s SampleSubjectLine
> <<mymailId>>
>

> This is prompting me to confirm the mail body as well as other items. I
> want to avoid this.

Mutt expects a message body, so if you have none, just redirect
stdin from /dev/null, like this (all on one line):

   mutt -a attachment1 -a attachment2 -s SampleSubjectLine mymailId < /dev/null

Also, posting a new message to this list by replying to another
message causes your message to appear in the same thread as the
message to which you replied.  Please start a new thread by simply
sending a message directly to the list instead of by replying to an
existing message.

Regards,
Gary