Re: Keeping two copies of sent messages

El dijous, 28 de agost del 2008 a les 15:22, Rado S va escriure:
> =- mimosinnet@xxxxxxxxx wrote on Wed 27.Aug'08 at 21:50:51 +0200 -=
> > Is it possible to save two copies of sent messages?
>
> Currently: no.
> As workaround you might hack your $sendmail to be a script which
> does what you want before passing the content to the real
> sendmail-binary. Take care of locking, since mutt doesn't care for
> what sendmail does to folders.

El dilluns, 01 de setembre del 2008 a les 14:18, Cameron Simpson va escriure:
> Another alternative, just as tricky, is to have mutt save to a "spool-out"
> folder. Another process watches the spool-out folder for new messages and
> files they according to whatever arcane scheme you desire.

El dilluns, 01 de setembre del 2008 a les 16:52, Vincent van Leeuwen va
escriure:
> If you use \/ in a regular expression then procmail will put
> everything that matches the regex after the \/ in $MATCH, which you can then
> use in a delivery line. Not saying the OP should use this method, but
> procmail
> is definitely capable of performing this task.
>
> Something like this would work (untested and you probably want to extend it
> quite a bit, but you get the idea):
>
> :0
> * ^To:\s*\/.*$
> saved-mail/$MATCH/

Thanks very much for the ideas. I am still mentally trapped in the idea that
mutt
has to do everything instead of integrating mutt with different tools. I
now understand the multiple potentialities of mutt.

>From what I understood, it would be possible:
(a) to direct the "$sendmail" variable to a script that includes
procmail as a mail filter.
(b) mutt saves all mail to the same folder and procmail (from a cron
job, for example) processes the mail in that folder.

You have given me many options to work on :-) Much grateful!

Cheers!

--
Location: 41:24:51N (41.41417) 2:11:25E (2.1903)
Linux User: #463211