reply to list (was Re: disable beep sound)

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 06:48:39PM +0800, bill lam wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Aug 2008, Michael Kjorling wrote:
>
> > On 20 Aug 2008 18:11 +0800, by cbill.lam@xxxxxxxxx (bill lam):
> > > how to reply to (1) group
> >
> > L (<list-reply>)
> >
> > Note that you will need to tell mutt that the mail came through a
> > mailing list for this to work. See the documentation about "lists" and
> > "subscribe".
> >
> > > or (2) all
> >
> > g (<group-reply>)
>
> Thanks all for help. "L" also works for me.

mutt seems to know whether it is replying to a mailing list or not by
the headers, i.e, I can hit "L" and it works even when I haven't got any
"list" or "subscribe" command entries for that mailing list.

It is the "List-Post: " header which allows the "L" feature to work
automagically.

Is there anything wrong with NOT having a "subscribe" command for any
mailing lists you are subscribed to in your .muttrc?

--
Chris.
======