showing new mail

Hi,

since I updated mutt on my debian-machine to version 1.5.18, it
doesn't show if there has new mail arrived anymore.
To describe it: usually I start mutt, hit 'c' and mutt shows me my
subscribed mailboxes and marks the ones with new mails in it with a
'N' besides it.

But now it doesn't do it anymore. I can only watch out for new arrived
mails by checking the last-updated-timestamp in the mailboxes-list. Is
this a bug, or am I missing something in my .muttrc now - which works
for me since several years now?

Thanks for help,
sigi.