Re: newbie: filtering email

* Don Raikes <don@xxxxxxxxxxx> [06-15-08 23:33]:
> I am a newbie to mutt, having just set it up last week.

you have found a gem  :^)

> I receive a ton of email and I want to knwo the best way to filter the
> email into folders.
>
> I have looked at some examples of procmail recipes, but can't figure
> out how to tie mutt and procmail together.

you don't really.  You must hand off your inbound mail to procmail to
sort into folders, then view the folders with mutt.

I use:  postfix -> procmail -> local folders <-> read w/mutt
  and:  fetchmail -> procmail -> local folders <-> read w/mutt

> Any suggestions appreciated.

an excellent description/tutorial for beginning procmai by Nancy McGough:
  http://www.ii.com/internet/robots/procmail/qs/