attaching files from a list?

Is there some way, from the compose view in mutt, to attach given
files whose paths/filenames I have previously collected in a text file?

I've written a "plugin" (custom actions) for Thunar to collect
attachments across different folders, by just appending a text file
~/.2attach  that in the end looks like

-a /path/file1
-a /path/file2

and when I'm done collecting attachments I can call another custom
action in Thunar that just calls

xfce4-terminal -x mutt $(cat ~/.2attach | tr "\n" " ")

which does mutt -x -a /path/file1 -a /path/file1
opens a terminal and I type the address, text etc and that works well.

However it would be nice to do this from within mutt, for example if I
have to attach some files when replying to someone, or if I think of
attaching multiple files after having written the message.

m.