Re: how to view inline html as text?

On 05/19/08 15:04:04, Gary Johnson wrote:
> > What sort of mutt magic do I need to add that will
> > cause this inline HTML message to be converted,
> > and displayed as text?
>
> You need to have this line in your muttrc:
>
>    auto_view text/html

Gary, thanks.  Interestingly, although auto_view
is described in the docs:
http://www.mutt.org/doc/manual/manual-5.html#ss5.4
it isn't listed in the /etc/Muttrc file.

I stumbled onto this setting:

# set implicit_autoview=no
#
# Name: implicit_autoview
# Type: boolean
# Default: no
#
#
# If set to ``yes'', mutt will look for a a mailcap entry with the
# copiousoutput flag set for every MIME attachment it doesn't have
# an internal viewer defined for.  If such an entry is found, mutt will
# use the viewer defined in that entry to convert the body part to text
# form.

If I set implicit_autoview=yes, it seems to do
the expected thing.  Is one method recommended
over the other?