Re: speed of cacheing depends on terminal?

* dv1445@xxxxxxxxx on Saturday, May 10, 2008 at 18:07:04 -0400
> 1.5.17 with header caching enabled.  I've got read_inc and
> write_inc set to 1000.  Nevertheless, I've noticed that the
> process of evaluating the cache (when I switch into a big
> folder) is significantly slower when I use Terminal.app than if
> I use xterm/rxvt over Apple's X11.

I never experienced that. Overall xterm might behave crisper,
because Terminal.app is slow -- but not only for mutt.

I do however notice slowness right after starting mutt (cold
cache???), but then it runs fine.

> FWIW: I built using the BerkeleyDB libraries, since the other
> choices refuse to work with OSX.  (Actually, I finally got mutt
> to build with gdb, but mutt behaved *really* weird with
> screen-drawing, so gdb is a no-go on OSX).

I always used and use qdbm w/o prob. Both qdbm and mutt build
just fine on 10.4.11. Also fink's mutt ships with qdbm. If with
"gdb" you mean GNU dbm I once built mutt against gdbm from fink,
again w/o without having the issues you describe.

Python Mutt utilities <http://www.blacktrash.org/hg/muttils/>