Re: mutt can't lock nfs mounted 'sent' on fedora 8

Maybe I was not clear. I don't want my sent messages to be saved. I
want a cron job to be able to send email with attachments, which mutt
does nicely.

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 9:29 AM, Rado S <list2rado@xxxxxx> wrote:
> =- Dave Burns wrote on Tue 29.Apr'08 at 11:27:11 -1000 -=
>  >  echo 'test email using mutt'|mutt -s  'test email using mutt'
> <myemailaddress
>  > it hangs up for a while (can't interrupt it with cntl-c or background
>  > it with cntl-z and bg) and then produces this error message:
>  > fcntl: No locks available (errno = 37)
>  > Couldn't lock /<myhomedirpath>/sent
>
>  Permission problems, use maildir instead, don't use "sent" folder,
>  fool mutt to believe locking works, put "sent" onto non-nfs, ...

I don't understand what this says. Is there a command line switch or a
muttrc setting that lets me "use maildir" and not "use sent folder"? I
thought I'd dredged through the man page pretty thoroughly, could not
find stuff about using or not using sent folder.

Anyhow, I've been using mutt in this context for a long time, still
use it sucessfully with previous versions of fedora. Is the idea of
locking the ~/sent folder something that has recently been added to
mutt, or something that recently became the default behavior, or
should I be speaking to the fedora guys to see what they tweaked in
the fedora default config?

Thanks,
Dave